I need to do a quick post as Spousal-Unit has surgery at 7:15AM; less than eight hours from now. The surgery is not major, but does use general anesthesia.
I completed and blocked my Pinnate shawl yesterday. The finished size after blocking and relaxing came out 13" by 40". For my intended use as a small shawl to drape over my shoulders during air-conditioned performances, this size works well. I can also use it as a scarf to fill the collar of a coat or just fold it up and tuck it into my purse until I need it.
I started a pair of toe-up socks in cream-colored Regia silk using Judy's Magic cast-on for the first time. Actually, I've started and ripped after a few rounds twice. I still don't have the right number of cast-on stitches to get to the number I need with regular increases, but I'll just correct for it on the last round of increases this sock. My yarn already shows some stress from the repeated ripping. I made myself a note of how many to cast on for the next sock.
Instead of knitting, I did this today. Actually, this view shows only part of the pots my Garden Guy and I potted up today. The one that hasn't actually been planted yet waits for a tree fern.
I'm pooped and I need to be up early. Good night.